In order to get your claim started as soon as possible, we recommend reporting your claim directly to the
insurance company on their 24 hour claims number which is detailed on your policy. alternatively please click here for our insurer 24 hour claims numbers.
If your prefer to notify your insurer by completing a claim form, please download a claim form from here if you have a claim for damage or loss of
any property (other than motor related claims) Home_claim_form_.pdf
If you wish to notify us of a claim please ring us on 0116 284 6094
or complete this form and e mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
or fax or post to it to us as soon as possible.
CLAIMS ADVICE FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO YOUR HOME OR ITS CONTENTS
1. Report theft, arson or other criminal damage to the police and get a crime reference number
2. Take photos of the damage as soon as possible and send us copies if they electronic
3. Protect the property from any further damage e.g.
- If any property is exposed to the elements, try to get it covered
- If you are able to protect the property from any further damage, make repairs to the property if reasonable
- Make a record of any expenses that you incur protecting the property
4.Report the claim to your insurers using their 24 hour claim line (details in your policy), or ring us to report the claim.
5. If you wish to complete a claim form rather than ring the insurers and report the claim, please forward it to us as soon as possible
6. Make a list of all property that has been lost or damaged including the description, quantity and estimate of the value of the items
7. Forward any bills, receipts or other related documents in respect of the lost or damaged items, or any emergency repairs.
8. Obtain written estimates as to the cost of repairing or replacing the damaged items (copies of web sites will suffice)
8. Retain any damaged property until a claims adjuster agrees that you may dispose of the items (or alternatively contact ourselves and we will seek approval from the insurers on your behalf).
8. The insurance company may want one of their representatives to inspect the damaged property or discuss the claim with you
10. If you are unable to live at the property because of the damage, please let us know as soon as possible, in order that we can ensure that the insurers find alternative accommodation and endeavour to expedite the claim.
CLAIMS ADVICE FOR MONEY CLAIMS
1. Report the theft /loss of money to the police and get a crime reference number
2. Report the claim to us or directly to your insurers on their 24 hour claim line as soon as possible
3. Send us proof of the amount lost e.g. copy statement of amount withdrawn, copy cash withdrawal slips or copies of any currency exchange documents
4. Please ring us on 0116 284 6094 if you have any queries, or require any advice in respect of any aspect of your claim
If you would like help or advice on your home insurance claim
, please ring Julie on 0116 284 6094 or e mail her at email@example.com